What are some cool facts about the Universe? by Kaustav Das
Answer by Kaustav Das:
Well it goes like this:
- Olympus Mons:The Tallest Mountain in the Solar System(Planet Mars).It’s 22 km tall .It’s almost 3 times of the size of Mount Everest.
- About 1% of the static on your TV is caused by cosmic microwave Background(CMB) radiation left over from the big bang about 13.7 billion years ago.
Basically i’m talking about this:
- The earth's rotation is slowing at a rate of approximately 17 milliseconds a century & the length of a day for the dinosaurs was closer to 22 hours.(well that’s just 250 million years ago)
- The oldest known object in the universe is a galaxy called z8_GND_5296. It’s 13.1 billion years old – only about 700 million years younger than the universe.
- Pale Blue Dot is a photograph of planettaken on February 14, 1990, by the from a record distance of about 6 billion kilometers (3.7 billion miles, 40.5 ), as part of the series of images of the .
- Aerogel or Frozen Smoke:
- 96% air
- 39 times more insulating than the best best fiberglass insulation.
- 1000 times less dense than glass.
- Used on Mars Pathfinder's rover
- Sagittarius B (molecular gas cloud) Contains a Billion Billion Billion Liters of Alcohol.
- 55 Cancri e:It is also known as the diamond planet.At only 40 light-years away, in the northern constellation Cancer, the gemlike planet sits relatively near Earth. In dark skies, 55 Cancri e's host star is clearly visible to the naked eye.
- Gliese 436b: The Planet of Burning Ice, is one of the most exotic contradictions within the realm of human knowledge, for it is known to literally be a planet coated by flaming ice! However, this apparent contradiction is not entirely unfounded- the planet Gliese 436 b has been placed in certain circumstances that make this seemingly impossible scenario a reality- a wondrous, extraordinary reality.
For more information check these links: